Monday, March 8, 2010

TWD: Blackberry Thumbprints

When I was just a wee little kiddlet I always wanted to make thumbprint cookies with my grandma. I don't know why, they are kindof a pain. I'm sure she sighed a little each time I wanted to make them because if my attention span was anything like it is now.... I probably didn't do much to help in the end.

These were only about 1/2 as bad, because you don't have to roll them around in nuts (hehehe that sounds kinda dirty!) I used almond flour and filled the thumb holes with seedless blackberry jam prior to putting them in to bake. I like how the jam on gets reduced and tacky around the edges and sorta sticks to your teeth. I'm sure filling them after wouldn't have had quite the same effect.

This weeks recipe for Thumbprints for us Big Guys on pg 164 was chosen by Mike over at Ugly Food for an Ugly Dude. These were very linzer cookie-ish... what in the hell wait a second looking back in my archive this is so 6°sofkevinbacon (mmm bacon...) I made that dough into thumbprints way back then and the linzer sables were chosen by a guy too... and the guy is in the Netherlands and that's where my grandma is from... whoa.. ha groovy! Didn't make that up just noticed this as I'm typing and no I'm not smoking anything! Cross my heart!

9 comments:

Jules Someone said...

These look delicious! We liked this cookie at my house. LOL at the Kevin Bacon reference.

Mary said...

They look great with the blackberry jam! Next time I'll bake them with the jam in them, because I like that sticky texture too.

Nickki said...

Your cookies look delicious! I also used blackberry jam in mine. I'm eating one right now ;-)

Jessica said...

Oh, the Kevin Bacon reference made me laugh. I think that game is so funny. Anyway, your cookies look wonderful, and I heartily approve of your decision to bake the jam in the cookies because I love the whole sticky/tacky thing that happens, too.

Rachel said...

Good job on your cookies! they look delish! Black berry jam is so good!!

Flourchild said...

Yum blackberry jam sounds so good! They really look tasty!

Jessica said...

I made blackberry ones too! Yours look so pretty!

Kimberly Johnson said...

Blackberry jam sounds like a wonderful variation! Your cookies look great!

Eliana said...

Your cookies look picture perfect and delicious :)