Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TWD: Dulce de Leche Duos

Knowing how to make Dulce de Leche from a can of sweetened condensed milk is an evil skill. Thanks to the little tip posted here, I learned you can buy it (bah to easy), boil it (to dangerous) or even make it from scratch (too time consuming). Somehow the slow cooker method just seems devious and cunning to me (right up my alley). A delicious magic trick if you will.... 
Go get the full recipe from Jodie over at Beansy Loves Cake. The cookies are super yummy! I added mini chips to 1/2 of the batch but I liked the plain version better. The flavor or the Dulce de Leche just comes out more clearly without any chocolate to muck it up.

I just noticed something... my cookies do not look like everyone else's cookies... I didn't put any Dulce de Leche in the cookie batter! haha... I swear that part was not in MY recipe book! I like my version a whole lot so I better go note it in the book!



Next week were making coconut teacakes... not sure about this one, sounds sorta prissy...

14 comments:

Flourchild said...

Your cookies look so good..I love that I can see the filling real well! I agree with you on knowing how to make the DDL..so easy and so evil!!

mike said...

Hm... maybe that's why mine were so flat (DDL in the batter)! These look wonderful - nice and puffy!

Judy said...

Great looking cookies!

Jodie said...

How cute are your cookies! Thanks for baking!

chocolatechic said...

My cookies don't look like anyone elses either.

Mary said...

I left out the white sugar and ended up with lumpy golf ball cookies! I'll make a note about your version in case I try these again.

Susan said...

Your cookies look great! I hope to try these tomorrow.

Marthe said...

What a good idea to add chocolate chips to the cookies, they look really pretty!

Tia said...

DDL + choc chips great idea. cute!

TeaLady said...

I came THIS close to adding mini chips to mine. But didn't . These were great just the way they were.

And yours look delicious.

jillbert said...

They look nice! The cookie dough was so good with the dulce de leche - maybe you should make them again!

PheMom said...

Oh, my! I am SO making these with chocolate chips in the dough next time. I really just want to go make them now!

Christine said...

Your Dulce de Leche cookies look yummy! mine looks funny. Hahaha. I don't even want to post it.

志義 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.