Monday, March 8, 2010

TWD: Honey-Wheat Cookies

Playing a bit of catch-up on my Tuesdays with Dorie recipes. The worstest part of having to skip some things, is that the things I've skipped, I really wanted to make! So it was time to double up and get ir done....
I read fantastic reviews about the Honey-Wheat Cookies. These were hosted by Michelle at Flourchild a few weeks ago, you can click on the links to find the recipe there.

When I gave these little guys the initial sniff test they smelled super wheaty, and not to terribly appealing. I tentatively gave the honey a cookie as I bit into mine, not expecting much but a mouth of wheat laced sawdust....but they taste incredible! The honey and lemon really shine thru and the texture is downright addictive.

Of course I opted for cookies this morning with my coffee (breakfast of champions donchaknow) and I think they only got better after a little beauty sleep.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Those seem different... but I like Wheat... I may have to try them out!

jillbert said...

I liked these too, but it is hard to get past the fact that wheat germ looks like sawdust!

Gracie said...

I missed this TWD. I love how your cookies turned out. YUM!!!

Eliana said...

I loved reading about this. Yours look like they came out incredible.

Heather said...

Ohhh, I miss TWD! I think I am going to have to make these cookies...I hadn't noticed them but they would fit in perfectly on my sweet trays that I make for a local customer lounge. Yum!

Oh and your cakes, oh your cakes! They are seriously fabulous!