Monday, April 19, 2010

Lavender Sweet Sixteen

This cake wins the award for the most dragees on one cake to date! A fairly easy setup of square cakes but the intricate designed on each layer made it a challenge that I was really happy with in the end.

This was my first attempt at quilting on a cake, with nothing more than a cardboard triangle, it was rough going and I had a few spots that were less than acceptable. I think if I had to do quilting again I would opt for one of those quilted mats to save time. I would have been supremely happy with this if I were 16 again!

A few other shots here, I took these at the last minute as my camera was running out of juice.

Oh and here is the original sketch of the cake. I like to get the end result as close to the idea as possible.... I love it when a plan comes together.

1 comment:

Eliana said...

This looks simply amazing! You are incredibly talented.