Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TWD: Swedish Visiting Cake

Oh my lordy those Swedish people are geniuses.... first Ikea (mmmm Lingonberry juice) now this! Ok well I'm sure this cake came before Ikea, but you know what I mean.
This cake is so easy and so very good. I made only 1/2 the recipe in my little mini skillet and topped it with sliced almonds and pearl sugar. The pearl sugar stays crunchy when it bakes so you get the incredible texture of the almonds then a bit more crunch from the sugar. Perfection!
Visit Nancy over at The Dogs Eat the Crumbs for the full recipe.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

The pearl sugar looks beautiful. I have some pearl sugar that I never use, and I wish I'd had your insight! Next time I'll make a note to use it on this cake. I'm glad you enjoyed this!

CB said...

I heart Ikea and this cake! Those Swedes just know what I like. Although I can't say I've tried the Lingonberry juice. Might have to give it a whirl next time I hit up Ikea. :)
-CB
http://iheartfood4thought.

mike said...

What a stunning photograph - so refreshing! Pearl sugar - will have to try that - I used a combo of raw sugar and granulated.. but pearl. Hm... It looks like the perfect go along with your drink!

Susan said...

Beautiful photo! This was such a delicious cake. I will make it again, and soon. :)

Liz said...

Beautiful! I've been meaning to go to Ikea just for pearl sugar...and lingonberry jam.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Love IKEA, but I go for lingonberry preserves - so good! Oh, and H&M is Swedish, and I live in their jeans. But I won't be in those jeans much longer if I eat much more of this yummy cake! Yours looks so pretty with that pearl sugar - brilliant! Thanks for baking along with me this week.

jillbert said...

It looks great! I'm almost glad I didn't make this because now I know I should top it with pearl sugar!

Clivia said...

Lovely photo! I've never seen pearl sugar. This cake seems to have been a winner in everyone's blog.

yummy2tummy said...

OMG! I love those Lingonberries!

Pamela said...

What a lovely picture of the cake you got there! We really enjoyed it, too.