Tuesday, April 20, 2010

TWD: Sweet Cream Biscuits

The easiest recipe on the face of the earth and of course I muck it up. Well ok maybe not totally, they were edible... but they were like cookies instead of biscuits. I had no cream so I used some 1/2 & 1/2. They turned out really thin and since I left them in the oven too long they were also very crunchy. They were good... but not a biscuit, unless I was from New Zealand or something then the biscuit/cookie cookie/biscuit business would make sense. I topped them off with a sprinkling of sugar before baking and then slathered them with honey butter after they were over baked.

You can find some properly made biscuits on the Tuesday with Dorie blog roll here. And you can find the recipe over on Love at First Bite or on page 23 of Baking from My Home to Yours.

6 comments:

Clivia said...

Aw. The crunchy skinny ones deserve the most love. And honey butter!

CB said...

No worries! Slather on some butter and honey and it will make everything taste good!
-CB
http://iheartfood4thought.com

Susan said...

Butter and honey will always make everything better. Don't give up on these...just give them a second go. :)

jillbert said...

Crunchy biscuits with honey butter sound pretty good to me!

Jacque said...

I ended up adding the goodies to the tops of mine too, much easier that way.

Kaitlin said...

Aw, I'm sorry that they didn't work out for you. Biscuits are tricky things!