Tuesday, May 11, 2010

TWD: Quick Classic Berry Tart

A super simple berry tart was chosen by Cooking with Cristine this week for Tuesdays with Dorie.
I was this close to skipping it...... see the hubs doesn't like berries, because they are too seedy. His distaste for strawberries is almost cause for divorce but I came to realize that it really just means more strawberries for moi! So I made this tart anyway. With a dastardly plan to keep his slice berry free. To please his pallet I made chocolate pastry cream instead of vanilla by tossing in 2 oz. of chocolate into a 1/2 recipe. And I lined the tart with a slather of white chocolate before filling it with the cream which gave the crust an extra snappy texture. So everyone is a wiener!

11 comments:

Tia said...

you're so accomodating! looks yummy though

Mary said...

I have some friends who don't like berries--I don't get it either! This looks great!

natalia said...

Ciao ! Your tart looks beautiful !

Cristine said...

Thanks for baking with me! I bet the chocolate pastry cream was delicious!

Mimi said...

Your tart looks yummy! The chocolate pastry cream is a great twist on the recipe.
Mimi

Flourchild said...

Wow that looks so good..love the chocolate addition!

Eliana said...

Looks super super delish!

Leslie said...

This looks fantastic! I like your attitude about the berries!

Jenn said...

Oh My! Where was I?!? I totally should have come by and ate some of that! =)

Jacque said...

Mmm, mmm good! Way to make it work for you... all in the name of marital harmony, LOL.

mike said...

Divorce over a strawberry.... what is this world coming to? :) Lovely looking tart - and too bad - eat the berries and enjoy!