Monday, June 14, 2010

TWD: Cinnamon Swirl Bread

After this was finished I was left wondering why I don't make more bread. Bread is easy. The only intimidation is time and the crossing of your fingers & toes in hopes that your yeasties will work for you. Which they usually do... I may jinx myself by saying they always do so I will stop at usually.

This delivered a good punch of tasty flavor with a bare minimum of effort because sitting around waiting for dough to rise is a pretty lazy thing in my book.

You can grab the full recipe over at food.baby the bloggy home of Susan.

I can't leave without adding a link to the obnoxiously burping yeasties from the Alton Brown episode Dr. Strangeloaf.

9 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Your swirl is lovely! Nice job!

Flourchild said...

YOur bread looks great! I love the smell of bread baking in the oven more then any smell out there!

chocolatechic said...

I love Alton!

I made the dough in my bread machine, so I was even more lazy than you.

Tia said...

the swirl is placed so perfectly!

Kimberly Johnson said...

You did a beautiful job on your bread!

Judy said...

Beautiful bread. Wish the recipe made more than one loaf.

jillbert said...

Looks gorgeous! I think baking bread is so satisfying.

I love those yeast puppets on Good Eats!

Jeannette said...

hahahahaha burpy yeasties. i love this.

your bread looks amazing!

Eliana said...

If my breads ended up looking like this one, I'd made fresh bread everyday!