Wednesday, June 2, 2010

TWD: Un-White Chocolate Brownies

Marthe of Culinary Delights chose White Chocolate Brownies this week for Tuesdays w/Dorie. Since I don't particularly care for White Chocolate, I switched it out for dark chocolate. I also was worried about all the super gooey reports, so I added about 1/4 cup more flour to the mix because gooey brownies are not my thing either. The whole thing came out so un-brownie like that they can't even really be called that anymore. They were light and fluffy and moist and yummy and nothing like a dense brownie at all.

4 comments:

Tia said...

Yours look lovely! I switched out the chocolate to milk.. no meringue, used brown butter frosting and added a Ritz crust on the bottom! lol
Tia

Clivia said...

Yours sound delicious! Glad to know they worked in any flavour.

Carol Peterman said...

The touch of dark chocolate makes them a really pretty color. I agree they aren’t what a traditional brownie is, more of a tea cake.

Marthe said...

Pretty!!! Love the look of your brownoes!