Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TWD: Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream

I always wonder why I never make ice cream after I make some. It's fairly simple straightforward and easy to do every single time. Maybe its because there is patience involved and you know how I feel 'bout that....waiting is not my strong suite.

It came out a little grainy, probably because of the chocolate that I used but otherwise it was pretty delicious. I mixed in some mini dehydrated marshmallows because I'm stuck with a gigantic bag of them. Never underestimate the power of dehydration because a pound of mini dehydrated marshmallows is shockingly bigger than one would imagine. At least to me it was...... A fresh baked sugar cookie cup and a little squeezy chocolate out of the fridge finished it up quite nicely.

Great choice this week from Katrina at Baking and Boys! you can find the full recipe on her blog here.

6 comments:

Eliana said...

The ice cream looks perfect to me :)

Pamela said...

Sounds like a fantastic dessert to me! I always think the same thing when I've made ice cream, too. So simple, yet I seem to be so lazy. ;o)

Katrina said...

Did you make the dried mallows yourself or get them from somewhere? I'd love to have a big bag of those. I think. ;)
Your ice cream sounds fantastic!
Thanks for churning along with me this week.

Jeannette said...

How absolutely beautiful!! What a presentaion, nice and fancy!

I have to know where you got this bag of dehydrated marshys because my fiance would love me forever (although shouldn't he anyway? haha) if I got him a giant bag for hot cocoa season!

Beth said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as dehydrated marshmallows. They look wonderful in this ice cream!

Judy said...

Love the mini marshmallow addition to the ice cream. Yum. When I was in Nebraska, I bought some giant marshmallows, which I'd never seen before.