Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TWD: Espresso Chocolate Shortbread

The weather has smiled upon us and the temperature plummeted to a tolerable level over the weekend. Can I get wOOt wOOt!

With the ability to willfully turn my oven on, I made the Espresso Chocolate Shortbread (chosen by Donna over at Life's to Short ) on Sunday night. They are ... uhhh how do you say....not good. This totally makes me sad because they smelled delicious when they were baking. Like dreadfully addictive good kind of smell but they are just blah. This is probably not due to the recipe, but the ingredients I used. The chocolate was very dark and the shortbread recipe doesn't call for much sugar so they are just bland old bittery hunks of nothingness. Eh... whats a cookie monster to do! I guess god can bless you with good weather so you can bake.... and then he thoughtfully puts you on a cookie diet so you can still wedge your butt into your office chair. Thanks for looking out G!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Sorry to see that you didn't like them. They did smell
incredible when they were baking. Nice shot of them, too.

Sabrina said...

Well they look really good! They were easy to make but I didn't think they were sweet enough. My husbands likes them so he can eat them all.
I'll take more sugar please. :)

Flourchild said...

Ha ha your so funny...Im sorry the cookies were yucky but thankful you saved your butt from getting stuck..:))
I left the bittersweet chocolate out and added a Hersheys cookie and cream candybar!

Jeannette said...

Aww, so sorry to hear that you didn't like them. Maybe use semi-sweet if not high quality milk chocolate next time? If you like caramel and can find it... I recommend Godiva salted caramel in milk chocolate. Its a bar (that I found at Randall's in their candy/choc aisle) and I think that it would go perfectly in these :)

However, your cookies look fab. If not better now that they aren't one your butt, like mine are to me. *sigh*

natalia said...

Ciao ! Sorry ..I hope next one will be better for you !

Donna said...

I'm so sorry you did not enjoy these cookies - at least you had a divine smelling kitchen for a little bit. Thanks for baking with me this week.

Beth said...

Too bad you didn't like them. Having read some of the other posts, I'm going to try the spicy variation.