Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TWD: Oatmeal Breakfast Bread

Last weekend we got together with my sister-in-law Tahnee and her family for a brunch before we headed over to Cousin Gayle's for a family get together later in the day. It was bound to be a day of eating (allot) and of course we couldn't go empty handed so I made the Oatmeal Breakfast Bread to take with me to brunch and a big batch of these Snickerdoodle Blondies to take with us later to the party. 

The only flaw in this breakfast bread was that the topping wanted to fall off when I was taking the loaf out of the pan and again later when I was slicing it. A tragedy to be sure because the topping is always the bestest part! So when I make this recipe again I might make it muffins so that all the goodness stays intact.

Excellent choice from Natalie over at Oven Love you'll be able to find the recipe over on her site if you want to make this yourself.

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

Yum! That looks really good!

Natalie said...

your slices look delish! thanks for baking with me!

Clivia said...

Dorie recommends patting the topping into the batter. That's what I did because, you're right, it's the best part. Your slices look very delicious!

Judy said...

I had the same problem with the topping when I flipped the loaf out of the pan, and I even patted it down. Sounds like muffins are the way to go. Hope everyone enjoyed it.

margot said...

Oh, no - losing part of the delicious topping is a tragedy. The bread looks great!

Eliana said...

Making this into muffins next time sounds like the perfect solution to not losing the yummy top. It looks great.