Monday, September 13, 2010

TWD: Nectarine Upside-Downer

Ok you see that little nugget... that one there that fell off the side of the cake? Yeah that one there... that's the best part! Oh and the nectarines... and the cakey part too! Ok its all good I promise!

I used some delicious yellow nectarines we had picked up at the farmers market swapped out a bit of brown sugar for white and threw in some cardamom for good measure.

Excellent recipe I loved it even tho my cooked fruit o'phobe honey didn't even have a slice... ah well you cant win them all.

You can grab the full recipe from Sabrina over at Superfuluous. She's got some great photos of the luscious cranberry version there.

11 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Looks fabulous! I made the peach version. This is absolutely on my list again. And again.

Natalie said...

nectarines are a great idea- looks amazing!

Sabrina said...

I love nectarines! What a great idea! Beautiful job!

Eliana said...

Oh - if I could only have the little nugget (and the rest of the cake) in front of me right now. Looks amazing!

Leslie said...

What a gorgeous cake! I love how you thinly sliced the nectarines. And if not everyone wanted a piece, that's more for me!

Mary said...

That looks beautiful. I made peach.

Judy said...

So many fruit choices with this cake! I like the idea of nectarines and brown sugar. Your fruit top looks beautiful!

jillbert said...

It looks wonderful! I like how you sliced and arranged the nectarines.

Clivia said...

Gorgeous photo. I'm sure the nectarines tasted wonderful in this cake.

Mary said...

That looks amazing! I am definitely going to make this again and again, and I'll be slicing the fruit more thinly and arranging it like you did, because it's so beautiful!
:)

Jacque said...

Wow! Talk about perfect! Your NUD looks fantastic :)