Friday, October 22, 2010

FFwD: Hachis Parmentier [Shepard's Pie]

This was so damn good... no really, really good. We ate 1/2 of it and I'm sure it was meant for a family of more than two people. I can't wait until tomorrow so I can has leftoverz.

Me and my honey made the quick version when we got home from work today. It didn't take that long to put together which is cool because we will be making it again

We threw in some peas for good measure and used some Dubliner Irish Cheddar, if you've never tried this cheese you should right away.

If you haven't gotten your book go here and get it already! And join the group of other cookers at French Fridays with Dorie. I promise you will not be disappointed ;)

4 comments:

Cakelaw said...

I agree - this was damn good! I think the quick version is good, because you can get all the taste with less fuss. It looks delicious!

Nicole said...

I'm with you, the quick version is the way to go.

onewetfoot said...

Dubliner - I bet it was good. I'm not sure it would last long enough in our household to make it into a recipe. It's my partner's favourite!

Megan said...

Dang you make it sound so easy - although anything with cheese gets my vote.

I buy Dubliner cheddar from Costco - and eat it all myself.