Tuesday, October 26, 2010

TWD: All American Apple Pie

Culinary school or not, I still learn a lot from my TWD adventures. But I couldn't really figure out what I could possibly learn from making another apple pie. Well.... then it dawned on me, that every time I make an apple pie... I have to ship it off to a paying well deserved customer and then hear about how delicious it was. Don't get me wrong, I'm a total praise whore, so I love that they love my apple pie. But what I really want to do is sneak a slice! So I made this out of sheer pie envy....to hell with the learning!

I went with the crumb because all the TWD bakers had so many droolworthy crumb toppings today that I just had to! Mine was a little butter, brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon and pecans.

You can cruise on over and visit Emily at Sandmuffin for the whole recipe. Next week its my turn to pick the recipe! Woo hoo! Happy Dance!

11 comments:

Tia said...

mmm can i just eat all the crumbs?
xoxo Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Jaime said...

I didn't even see that there was a crumb option to this one...but that's b/c i did not have time to bake along this week. I may have to try this and compare it to my favorite. can't wait to make your choice next week!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Great crumb topping! ;) It was fab, wasn't it??

briarrose said...

Love the topping! Who doesn't revel in the praise? Eheheheh.

Cristine said...

Looks great! I make my apple pie with an oat topping and love it. :)

Flourchild said...

That topping looks so good! Great job!! Im glad you liked it!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

yes, make a pie for your self every once and a while! especially one like this...the crumb topping looks awesome!

Judy said...

I can never decide whether to make a crust or a crumb topping, since I like both. Your pie looks so inviting....

Sweet and Savory said...

Yes, this is drool worthy. Wow! It is a beauty.

Bertie said...

Winner Winner!! This Pie looks freaking GREAT!

I also have to say WOW to your "Favorite Things" cake, really great detailing!
I'll be adding your blog to my pile of readings!

Eliana said...

Your pie looks textbook perfect here!