Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TWD: Rewind!

I'm not going to rewind very far, but I'm going to add a little twist. I'm not going to be the one baking it! Ha!

My friend and co-worker Lizzy Liz [Hi Liz if your reading this!] is coming over to help me make pies tonight and to learn a little something in the process. She wants to make an Apple Pie for her family, so I will be helping her make the All-American Apple Pie from a few weeks ago. I'm sure we will up the ante with a gorgeous double crust.

Hey you think you can have a double crust and a crumb on the same pie?! I just thought of that... yum!

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

The District Chocoholic said...

Woah, that sounds like it could be awesome. I bet if you mixed up the crumb, and then toasted it on a cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes, you could put it under the topcrust.

LDH said...

Liz is going to like the results and what fun having a friend help you in the kitchen.

Love the idea you had making the cranberry Shortbread Cake. :)

Chef Dennis said...

I do believe it would work! I would love to see it....almost like a muffin top on a pie...yummm
Dennis