Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TWD: Tangerine Poppyseed Muffins

Have I ever told you guys that my honey doesn't like seeds? Yeah.... probably because he really really hates them. The only good benefit to this for me is that I get all the fresh strawberries I want without sharing... and I get extra props if I ever give him seed free strawberry butter cream which is delicious with or without the seeds but he is extra appreciative if he can enjoy it sans-seeds.

Well you can't really make seed free poppyseed muffins, so of course I had to toss in the seeds. I think he was really loathing seeds on Saturday morning... eh oh well! These were just OK anyways and nothing to write home about even if you like seeds. Maybe the lemon version has the right kick that these lacked for me and I found them a little denser that I was expecting too. I could easily chalk this up to my not halving the recipe properly, or over mixing.

You can get the full recipe from Betsy our host this week over at A Cup of Sweetness.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Love that shot!

Joy said...

Cute photo! The muffin looks great, and the tangerine sounds like a good idea, with maybe a chocolate drizzle....

Amber Marie said...

Cute picture! I used tangerines too and really liked them. I thought it was kind of funny but it worked out well.

Tia said...

balancing act! looks like you did a great job.

briarrose said...

Tangerine is an interesting flavor choice. Sudden urge to make poppyseed muffins. ;)

Flourchild said...

Oh yea the lemon version is so good! The muffin looks really good!

Lynne said...

Cute photo. I think tangerines would be delicious and especially since they are in season still, I think.

B said...

Thanks for baking with me this week. Tangerines sounds delicious.