Monday, February 14, 2011

Oatmeal Crumb topped Apple Bars

Soooo you know how at Costco you can get these great big trays of apples? Where this is what begot these apple bars over the weekend.

I'm very picky about my apple consumption....they have to be perfectly crispy, juicy, sweet and tart all at the same time. We had a tray of some sort of apple I knew nothing about and I didn't care for so I decided to cook them up ala Cinnamon Apples from Chilis.

One thing lead to another and as luck may have it when I was looking for a cupcake recipe (which I never made by the by) I came across the More from Magnolia cookbook. I have no idea how long I've had this book and I don't think I've ever baked anything from it but there it was and this book is chock full of cool little things like these bars....which were super tasty. The bottom was a whole lotta crumbly but I think that was baker error not because the recipe is flawed in anyway.

You can google your way to the recipe by searching for Apple Bars with Oatmeal Crumb Topping or clicky click here. I promise its worth the trouble, especially if you have a whole tray of apples lying around.

No comments: