Tuesday, February 1, 2011

TWD: Great Grains Muffins

It's about 8pm on a Tuesday night... not the ideal muffin baking hour... but alas here I am with muffins baking away in the oven with some dairy free chocolate cake. My oven might give out with all this healthy crap baking at one time. Its not used to this sort of pressure!

I made mine according to the recipe with chopped apricots and some extra fruit and walnuts scattered on top with a bit of sugar. They tasted like super buttery slightly sweet corn muffins. They would be great with a little maple butter.

You can grab the full recipe here from Christine at Happy Tummy

7 comments:

Tia said...

yours look great! moist and yummy. nice job Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Valerie said...

My oven feels your oven's pain. It just doesn't do 'healthy'. :D

Your muffins look delicious!

jenn said...

Well, we are glad you used your muffin tins as it gave you a change to think of us ;).

Healthy stuff? Noel would be disappointed!

briarrose said...

It's always a good time for muffins! :) Love the dried apricots.

Nichi said...

Maple Butter was the way to go!

Flourchild said...

They look so good! Im going to try the fruit version next time I make these! I had to add chocolate chip this time..mainly so my kids would eat them!

Eliana said...

Hmm - they look super super delicious.