Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TWD: Honey Nut Brownies

So I've been either way way under the weather (understatement of the year!) or way to busy (like always) or just plain old disinterested (sorry February hosts!) in the choices of recipes this month ... but who can skip Brownies! So I actually made mine early... on Sunday night and then almost forgot to post this!

An easy peasy brownie recipe; just like Dorie Greenspan's recipes for brownies always seem to be. Makes me wonder why anyone ever makes cardboard box brownies! One of my coworkers said he felt duped... and I tend to agree, he saw the word brownie and of course expected a brownie but that's not really what he got....they were very cakey and very un-brownie like. I'll have to go see everyone else's to find out if I mucked up the recipe or if they were supposed to be there way. I personally could have used a bit more of a chocolately punch but they were yummy because the tangy honey flavor really shined through.

6 comments:

Tia said...

You made it just in time! Awesome job.

yummychunklet said...

Your brownies look delicious since I prefer cakey brownies!

Clivia said...

I still think these could have been saved with icing. Yours do look like a moist cake.

Nicole said...

These weren't very brownie-like: mine were cakey and gooey. Interesting none the less!

Flourchild said...

Mine were more cake like too..I think everyones turned out that way! Im glad you liked them...they were different, but in a nice way!

Adam said...

I just took a look at the recipe, and the most likely the reason these brownies turn out cakey is that it asks for the eggs to be beaten and then everything else to be beaten in. To make fudgy-er versions I'd try mixing everything with a wooden spoon, and then add the unbeaten eggs last and one at a time stirring until batter becomes shiny.
Beating the eggs and subsequently the batter helps the brownie rise since you're adding air to it.
And I'm glad your feeling better and are back in action :).