Tuesday, April 19, 2011

TWD: Tourtely Apple Tart

I feel sort of ashamed to put that tile up there... I can feel it mocking me because I really really winged the apple tart thing this time. 

I made the nutty crust but not the top and opted to put on a sort of almondy crumble. I threw in some Calvados instead of cider and I didn't cook the apples to a smooshy consistency because it just really didn't appeal to me last night.  The worst part was the whole thing really stuck in the pan, so you can see in my photo the edge there is a cavernous gap in the crust. Well regardless of my free wheeling on this recipe and my pan loving crust, it was super yummy. I really should try and stick to the recipe sometimes.....

If you want to see what this was really supposed to be, check out the post from our host Jeannette from The Whimsical Cupcake.

4 comments:

Tia said...

oh i love crumble topped pies. i usually double the crumble!
Buttercreambarbie Tia

deals hyderabad said...

perfectly amazing.. :)

briarrose said...

Ehehehe....sticking to the recipe is sooo overrated. ;) It looks quite tasty...I like the texture of the apples.

AmyRuth said...

Love that you waved your magic wand and it turned out yummy after all.
AmyRuth