Monday, June 27, 2011

TWD: Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Cookies

I haven't had a lot of time lately to bake with the TWDers. With special cakes to make and being all Hawaii Five 0 for a for a quick minute... sadly a lot of fantastic recipes have past me by never to be seen again.

This week I really wanted to make the effort and bake along with everyone. The recipe sounded really good but really these cookies were a pain in the arse! They stuck to whatever I tried to bake them on, until finally I gave up.

You see that little plate there with approximately 6 little itty bitty sandwich cookies... that's all I managed to finish.... hmph! whatever sticky cookies from hell.  I shall rewind a few weeks and make a date nut loaf instead just to spite you.....:P

Despite my shady outcome you can always give it a try yourself by going over to Spike Bakes for the recipe... I'm sure they didn't dare stick to a thing in her kitchen.

5 comments:

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

They look fab... and I'm totally jealous of your top photo. Looks like you're having an amazing time! :)

Nicole said...

Mine were super sticky too! I made sandwiches with cinnamon filling and they were so good, so I guess it was worth the struggle with the sticky dough.

spike. said...

they did stick! Kind of a pain but yours look beautiful. And you should totally make the date loaf- so good and it doesn't stick;)

Katie said...

I love the idea of making these into Whoopie Pies!

The Honey Nut said...

Super cute!! I love the filling!