Tuesday, September 20, 2011

TWD: Salt & Pepper Cocoa Shortbreads

Salt in a cookie sure, but pepper? Very intriguing, like those savory chocolates from Vosges I'm to chicken to try.....

I used Black Onyx cocoa but cut it down to 1/3rd of a cup because I know how this cocoa can just zap the moisture out of anything. This would be a fun recipe to mess around with because they are easy to make. The Fluer de sel is addictive and the texture of the shortbread is melt in your mouth delicious. If you crave salty chocolately goodness these are the perfect PMS food. I should seriously keep these only for the girls at work and hand them out when necessary. Tho the boys do get PMSy too, I don't think chocolate and saltyness has the same ability to thwart a crying bitch fit for them.

I'm gonna go have another cookie :) but you can go make your own by getting the recipe from Buttercream Barbie.

3 comments:

loveycakes said...

your cookies are beautiful!! maybe I will have to make these after all! :)

alvarosa said...

PMS cookies - very funny :o]
for sure also evry good pregnancy-cookies, therefore ;o]

Jaime said...

those are lovely! to answer your Q.... the secret to rounding them out....put the wrapped dough in the fridge and about 10-15 min later roll it into a log. that way it doesn't end up so squared :)